Fukushima Children Thyroid Cancer Rate Continues To Rise | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Fukushima Children Thyroid Cancer Rate Continues To Rise

Fukushima prefecture has been conducting regular checkups of over 360,000 people who were in Fukushima in March 2011 and were age 18 or under when the nuclear crisis struck. As WSJ reported in August, a study by researchers in Fukushima prefecture found 57 minors in the prefecture have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer so far and another 46 are showing symptoms that suggest they may also have the disease. Today, as The Japan Times reports, four more children are suspected of suffering from thyroid cancer in the latest survey bringing the total to 107 out of 385,000 now surveyed. This is dramatically higher than the normal "between 5 to 11 cases per million people," that Okayama University professor Toshihide Tsuda cites for national statistics between 1975 and 2008.

As The Japan Times reports,

Four more children are suspected of suffering from thyroid cancer in the latest survey on the possible health impact of the 2011 triple meltdown at Tepco’s wrecked Fukushima No. 1 plant, sources said Tuesday.

The four, who were 6 to 17 years old at the time of the disaster, had been diagnosed as not having the cancer in the first survey that was conducted within three years of the meltdowns, they said.
The first survey covered all 370,000 children in the prefecture who were aged 18 or younger at the time of the disaster. The second survey , which began last April, covers some 385,000 children, adding those born a year after the disaster struck.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

Why the TEPCO leadership and former governmental leadership have not been sued out of existence for this very preventable catastrophe, absolutely eludes me.

Apparently, Japan's future generations are expendable to the Japanese government. And that is going to have profound consequences for this country.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA