SYRIAN WAR REPORT – DEC. 24, 2018: FRANCE PLANS TO REPLACE US FORCES IN SYRIA | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

SYRIAN WAR REPORT – DEC. 24, 2018: FRANCE PLANS TO REPLACE US FORCES IN SYRIA

Syrian government and pro-Iranian sources have increased their activity in the eastern part of Syria in response to the announced decision of the US administration to withdraw troops from the country.

On December 22, a spokesperson for Iraq’s Kata’ib Hezbollah, Jafar al-Husseini, told al-Mayadeen TV that the group is ready to coordinate with the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) in order to protect Syrian Kurds.

He noted that the U.S. withdrawal had been expected and revealed that Kata’ib’ Hezbollah has “continuous and intensive communications” with Kurdish commanders in northeastern Syria. According to al-Husseini, the U.S. is planning to hand over its role in the country to Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

On December 21, reports appeared that the SAA’s Tiger Forces were set to be redeployed from northern Hama to the government-held area on the western bank of the Euphrates. A source in the Tiger Forces confirmed this to SouthFront and said that the redeployment process will take several days. However, he declined to provide further information.

Tags:

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA