Tsarnaev witnesses moved from Revere hotel | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Tsarnaev witnesses moved from Revere hotel

REVERE -- Six defense witnesses for convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who were staying in a hotel near Logan International Airport have been moved to another location outside the city, the Revere police chief said Saturday.

Chief Joseph Cafarelli said he was told that the witnesses staying at the Hampton Inn on Lee Burbank Highway left the hotel Saturday morning with the assistance of Federal Bureau of Investigation. He said he does now know where the witnesses were taken.

“God as my judge, I didn’t even ask. I don’t want to know.”

(*Boston Strong ! Revere , not so much . )

Cafarelli said in a phone interview. “All that matters to me is that they’re not in the city of Revere.”

He said he was informed that the witnesses had been relocated Saturday morning. Revere officers who had been sent to the hotel to keep traffic moving around the area have also left, Cafarelli said.

A spokeswoman for the FBI’s Boston division declined to comment, citing “security concerns and the ongoing trial.”

Tsarnaev’s defense team is scheduled to begin presenting evidence in the penalty portion of the trial Monday in US District Court in Boston. They are expected to call upon Tsarnaev’s relatives for assistance as they seek to convince a jury that he should be spared the death penalty.

On Friday, the hotel’s general manager told reporters that some people cancelled reservations after learning that defense witnesses for Tsarnaev were staying there. A receptionist at the hotel said Saturday that no one there was available to comment.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA